Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer called and said Ext. 21 us 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardy5

Technical User
Jun 7, 2004
CA
Customer called and said Ext. 21 used to ring by itself for 1 ring cycle on incoming calls, and if not answered after first ring, all other phones on system would ring, so she would never miss a call if away from her desk. After most recent hydro outage, does not ring in this order anymore. Can someone tell me how I could re-program this feature, please. Rings at Ext.21 first and if not answered after first ring, all other phones will ring ..

How long was the power outage as it sounds as if some or all of the programing has defaulted to factory settings

You should be able to download the administration pdf guides and do this by yourself

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

We don't know how long power was out for. Just need to know what section of programming I could find this in ? Thank you for responding .

This feature must have been programmed on the system before I arrived. I am quite capable of the programming. Just looking for a reminder to speed up the process. Thanks again :)

Puzzle?

"the feature"
"what section of programming"

We don't know what, or how it was programmed, so it's not a straight forward answer as there are a few ways to program things like this.
It's more common to have Auto Attendant answer after 4 rings at reception, if a client once it set up a special or unusual way then it's trickery time.

Prime Set with DRT
Forward No Answer

Hunt Group
Service Modes

One of the fist two, not the last two.
Hunt Groups require you to have 3 digit DN's on a CICS - so FYI for future: if you were to change them to 3 digits you could have that option showing in programming.
Service Modes - it answers at 0 rings so that rules it out.

Forward No Answer - you can only forward it to one DN, that would be vmail usually but start there.
Think about how calls would get to ext 21 mailbox.

1 rings is not a common setting with Forward No Answer, Service Modes or Hunt Groups.

But DRT delay can use 1 ring.

So lets say
Lines Appear & Ring at 21
DRT is set to 1 ring
The "Prime Set" in "Lines" is set to an unused DN such as 34
You program an Answer Key on all sets to answer 34.

Call comes in and rings 21 for 1 ring, DRT says ok now ring 34 (prime set), 34 rings at all sets via the Answer DN key.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you Curlycord. Think I will try the DRT option. I know they dont have a voicemail system. Cheers !!!

Hey Curly. I appreciate your interest pal. Found a setting under ring groups that had defaulted back to manual instead of auto. ( was never set up by me and i'm not familiar with this anyhow ). But changed it back to "auto", and works the way it always did. Thanks again Curlycord ...Cheers man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back