Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom will not install EFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When following a technical support guys instructions on how to install EFS 5.36a over the top of EFS 5.32a all compaq functionality and net functions have been lost.<br><br>Custom will not uninstall 5.32a because it says it is not there, and will not install 5.36a because it fails with an Assertition error.<br><br>If you try and re-install 5.32a it say 5.32a is already installed even though it isnt.<br><br>Is there anyway to fix this ?

Not familiar with package and how it goes on but custom on earlier versions of Unix looked in a file to see if it was already installed. think it was in /etc/perms , either in the directory or in the file whichever it was.&nbsp;&nbsp;And you edited the file and removed the listing to allow it to go back on.<br>Seems that te de-installer deleted the files, killed the links, but forgot to clean the listing. <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: efair@atlnet.com> efair@atlnet.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. <br>
Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back