Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Wake-Up Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertsuggs

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2014
US
I've got an NEC SV8500 and wanted to know if it was possible to set a custom wake-up message, whether by a voice message or music playing...

Thanks for any help!

Automatic Wake-Up
General Description
This service feature allows Telephony Server to be programmed to automatically call guest rooms at specified times.
Upon answering, the guest is connected to a recorded announcement or music source. A printout of unanswered,
blocked, or busy Wake-Up attempts for guest rooms is provided at the PMS. This feature can be activated from the
guest room stations including guest room Desktop terminals, administration stations, console, PMS terminal, Special
Administration station.
Hope this helps, it's from the Hotel/Motel manual.

Excellent. Thanks for your help. Now where in programming do I find the settings to connect a recorded announcement?

I believe it uses a spare analog trunk port assigned as announcement with the external equipment connected. There is some programming to make the associations.

Thank you for your help. Can you point me in the right direction of those programming changes? what form is that?

There is a bit to do. I suggest getting a certified NEC tech to do this, however, see below.
This assumes that wake up message is already set up and functioning.
ASYD SYS 1 INDEX 162 BIT 6 on = announcement not MOH

ARTD Assign route data of the trunk which interfaces with the announcement unit.(OSGS = 2, TCL = 4)
ATRK Assign the trunk interfacing with the announcement unit.
MBTK Release the Make Busy of the trunk assigned in ATRK.
ARSC Release the Call restrictions between the RSC of the station accessing the announcement unit and the route of the trunk assigned in ATRK.(RRI = 2.3)
AAED Assign the Data to the announcement unit number and the route data, etc. assigned in ATRK.
Assign the information with respect to the following:
STEP CMND BIT EXPLANATION
EQP = 16: Automatic Wake-Up Set
EQP = 18: Automatic Wake-Up Cancel
EQP = 22: Automatic Wake-Up Answer
Connect announcement device to the trunk port assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back