Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom toolbars in Excel2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

henio

MIS
Jun 25, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I have created a custom toolbar with two buttons which run a couple of macros. It works fine for me but when I email the file to colleagues, they don't see the toolbar. It doesn't appear on the list of toolbars available. I've searched for information about this and just got confused. Some postings suggest that the toolbar needs to be built with code; others suggest that you only need code to modify the toobar. The helpfile isn't. Can anyone explain what I need to do / how this all works?

Thanks,

henio

Hi,

Try to add buttons in the workbook instead (using the 'Forms' toolbar).

After inserting a couple of rows in the top of the document, and adding the buttons there, you can freeze the panes below the buttons, making them available all the time while working in the rest of the documents.

Hi 01Patrik,

I normally use the technique you suggest with no problems. I just tried something different and ran into this situation. I'm just curious...

henio

I see. To attach the toolbar, select "customize" in the toolbar-meny, and click the "attach..." button. Select your custom toolbar, press "copy".

Now save the workbook, and try mailing it again... Should solve the problem.

Patrik Damm

Financial Controller
The Phone House Sweden

Thanks Patrik,

you deserve a star.

Regards,

henio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back