Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Toolbar/Add-In Location in Access 2007 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajo71

Programmer
Aug 6, 2007
US
Hello,

My 2007 Access db(created in version 2003)now shows the custom toolbar in Add-In ribbon. Where does the source file for these objects reside? If I select Add-Ins under Access Options, all I see is one Inactive COM add in named ACECNF.dll; not a clue as to where the add in objects reside.

Many thanks
-Mick

The tool bar isn't an Add in per se. It shows up there, because that's the way the Access Team did it, but there is no Add-In you can access to work with that. In order to work with the toolbars (change them, for example) you would need to open it in 2003 and work with them there. You can disable them using some code (don't remember it off-hand) and create your own ribbons and there are some third-party tools out there (not free) that will let you do restore the tool bars to a 2003 type look.

Bob Larson
FORMER Microsoft Access MVP (2008-2009, 2009-2010)
Free Tutorials/Samples/Tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back