Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom TimeZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphtrent

Programmer
Jun 2, 2003
US
Hello
Is it possible to create the TimeZone Class for a specific TimeZone or is there a TimeZone Enum. I have a class that will render a DateTime based on a supplied TimeZone. I have only been able to pass in the clients local time zone, but I would like to have the client select a Time Zone. I can pass the time zone in as a string and do the modification that way, but my code currently takes a TimeZone object and I would hate to have to go through all that code to change it.

Thanks

TimeZones are one of those things that seem simple, but in reality are very hard to do. Mainly because they're determined by geopolitical forces, and not something as straightforward dividing the globe up into 15-degree wedges.

So, the framework only gives you a way to determine the current timezone, and it does that by looking at the value set in the control panel, which presumably was set by a human who actually knows where they are on the planet.

Sorry.
Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back