Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Time Format in min:sec only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acipenser

Technical User
Oct 15, 2001
US
I am having a problem getting the format for a custom time format. I want the user to enter a time in minutes and seconds only. I tried nn:ss in the format box for the time field, but it still gave me xx:xx:xx AM in the output. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Where should I put that code?

I entered it in the format section of the Time field in the table, and that did not work. I entered it in the format section of the Time field in the form, but that did not work either.

I can get the form to show only the min:sec data by using nn:ss in the form format, but how do I allow the user to just enter min:sec (example 4:30 - 4 min and 30 sec, instead of 00:04:30) in a form?

Thanks,

I think the best you can do is to get the user to input 04:30.

To do that, set the field type in the table to Date/Time. Then, click the elipsis button (...) for the Input Mask property.

That will bring up the Input Mask Wizard and you have to create your own mask. Click EDIT LIST and then you'll see a new window. At the bottom there will be a scroll bar. Click the right-most button to add a new record. Call it CUSTOM TIME or something. The Input Mask will be 00:00, the PLACHODER should be _ (underscore), the SAMPLE DATA can be 04:30. The MASK/TYPE should be Date/Time.

Click CLOSE then FINISH and your input mask will be set.

Hope that helps.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back