Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Submit Button Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerGirl7

Programmer
Apr 8, 2003
US
Hello,

I'm having difficulty getting a custom submit button to align with the bottom of a text field - like the search feature on this site. For some reason when I add the button I'm getting about 5 pixels of space beneath the button. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

It depends opn how you are adding it, but I'd start by removing all padding and margins from the button, and the textfield.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Thanks for your reply. It's really strange - here is my code:

<td><strong>Patient Search</strong>
<input name="textfield" type="text" size="35" />
<input type="image" name="imageField" src="images/button_go.gif" />
</td>

Its a table.

Make cellpadding and cellspacing for the table 0px, and make all padding and margins for the textboxes, and the submit button 0 also.

Code:
<table ... cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">...

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

hi thanks for your help. I ended up having to break the table into two columns - that seemed to do the trick. thanks again.

Hi there,

I was wondering did you figure out your problem. Did you by any chance do a layout with Fireworks or did you build the site totally in dreamweaver. I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out, after completing layout in FW, I have an area with Username, Password field with Box for entering text...but how do I get that to work in DW. As DW has its own code for form fields.

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back