Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom sort in Crosstab 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skijop

Programmer
May 4, 2007
US
Is there a way to have a custom sort (not alphabetical and not by summarized field.

My current crosstab looks like this:

a b c
financial 5 10 2
priority 4 8 7
welcome 4 9 3

This is in alphabetical order. The row is a formula{@type}. How can I order them like this(custom)

a b c
priority 5 10 2
welcome 4 8 7
financial 4 9 3

Within the crosstab expert, select the row field->group options->specified order->use the dropdown list to order the groups as you wish.

-LB

Is there a way to have all rows/columns show up EVEN if they have 0 as a summary total?

For example I would want to see all of the last row, but right now I am not.
a b c
priority 5 10 2
welcome 4 8 7
financial 0 0 0

Not unless you create a manual crosstab with conditional formulas, one per column instance.

-LB

There are alternative methods.

You can do so either using SQL (minus query, or...) or a LO join from your table with all of the entities to your current data.

Or have your dba build you a view or SP for this...

-k

A stored proc is not an option. Is there any examples of building a manual cross tab with conditional formulas??

In your scenario you would have to use either conditional formulas (if you don't have row inflation) or running totals (if you do), one for each row/column combination, as in:

if {table.row} = "Financial" and
{table.column} = "a" then {table.qty}

You would place each formula in the detail section and right click on it and insert a grand total. Then place text boxes in the report footer to identify the columns/rows.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back