Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Service option is configured to Transfer call out to external number but call fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy3268

Systems Engineer
Jan 24, 2019
GB
I have a customer who wishes to have one of their Custom Service Menu options set to transfer the call out to a mobile number. When I tried to do this and test a call the mobile phone rang but as soon as it is answered the caller is sent back to the Custom Service Menu and the call is dropped completely for the mobile phone receiving the call.

I have checked the obvious things like enabling Call Transfer to Outside in UM Config - Class of Service but it still isn't working. This is for an NS700 on v7 firmware.

Can anyone help with this?

The system has to be allowed to transfer externally in system cos

I would use a group forwarded or portable station to do the transfer external

I don't work on that system....and my response might seem laughable ...but on older Panasonic's I would use (as obt mentioned) a portable / slt station....forward all calls on that station to cell. And BOTH VM port and portable/slt would have to have the same COS enabled settings...I know the NS700 the VM is built in but assuming still has a reference port so to speak.. If I only had COS assigned to portable/SLT it would do exactly what your scenario is doing...

I never use the voicemail to forward a call on a option as fot this you would have to allow the VM ports to make calls and as any one who works in the telephone business. Voicemail units are one of the most vulnerable parts of the system for hackers because users have weak passwords

I also use the disa as AA in most cases as it passes the call quicker and does not have as much problems getting the call forward externally

It does work on the NS-700

Panasonic added a new security measure to stop hackers.

Here is what you need to do:

Go to System Speed Dial and enter 9 followed by the telephone number of the cell phone in the Telephone Number area.
Example:
System Speed Dial Number 000
Telephone Number 912125551212

Now, in your Custom Service Menu:
Select a Key
Set it to Trf to Out
Value will be ** followed by the System Speed Dial Number you want to call
Example for Value **000

Caller presses the Key associated with Trf to Out / **000 and the KSU will call the cell phone.

Remember, this will use 2 CO Lines and the Audio may be low.
Consider using a SIP Trunk for the outgoing portion to the cell phone for better Audio.

You can use the EFA for this too and it won't take up two lines...

System speed dial number 001
Telephone number *60##########

In custom service
transfer to out **001

In TRS Miscellaneous
TRS Overide by System Speed Dial = Enable
TRS Check after EFA = Disable

In UM Paramerters Transfer to Outside
EFA Transfer = Disable

Call quality/audio is much better than a co-co transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back