Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom ribbon tab is not refreshed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmbb

Technical User
Jul 17, 2005
NL
I've created a custom ribbon tab in an excel-addin (xlam) displaying various groups depending on the name of the active document using getVisible in group definition.
Example:
Code:
<group id="grpSearch" label="--- SEARCH ---" tag="GeneralgrpSearch" getVisible="ShowFlintGroup">

This works fine on all PC's except one....
A:Opening a new workbook using vba, the ribbon is not refreshed but shows the same ribbon as the active workbook.
B:Opening the same workbook using the file explorer the ribbon is showing the correct layout.

It seems that in option A the "ShowFlintGroup" procedure is not activated...

I've tried several things including setting excel to default settings

Has anyone an idea where to find or search for the solution for this problem ?

Maybe that PC's excel security settings are preventing it from working? Maybe it doesn't trust the VBA object model?

Thank you for your reply and trying to help me but I doubt that this is the problem because all other macros are working perfect.
Also the macros are signed with a trusted certificate !

Not an easy problem I gues... [sad]

Is an exception being thrown that might be short circuiting the process that updates the Ribbon? An exception that is being suppressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back