Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Ribbon or QAT for Deployment - Best Practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
In Access 2003 and earlier if you wanted a custom toolbar for reports, you created it and specified the toolbar property on the reports.

Short of pushing an earlier version object into Access 2010, what is the best practice way of doing the same. Ideally I want everything contained to the database file.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I have been digging on this. I think I just hit the missing link holy grail item for this for me...

Application.LoadCustomUI

I found that in MS's
Deploying a Customized Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2010 Found at this time at
The short version is use that method to load your XML ribbon spec.

The above with information on how to save, edit and otherwise deal with ribbon XML completes the big picture leaving smaller issues to deal with.

"Deploying a Customized Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2010"
Currently found at

Also potentially useful "Office Fluent Ribbon Customization in Access 2010"

Found at this time at
Short version here that there is a ribbon property like there is a toolbar property in early versions.

Set user options for current database from a centralized location
Found at this time at
In short all the database startup things are now under File, Options, Current Database. I know this is a little off topic but related to the distributed aspect.

Now that I have what seems to be a whole picture, off to testing.
Not since reading the Access security FAQ have I been so annoyed with MS documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back