Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Recipients in Exchange 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

compurx

MIS
Jun 3, 2004
US
Here is the situation. I work for Company A our email addresses are xxxx@CompA.com , We have a partner company called company B Thier email is xxxx@CompB.com , We have a secure VPN between us, what we want to do is allow users on the Comp B network to send email to users on our network without having to address them to @CompA , but rather address them to @CompB. Then we need our users reply to look as though it is coming from CompB. I think setting up custom recipients is the best way to handle this, but I am not sire how to do it.

You can't have some mail for @compB going to one place, and some going to another.

The reply address would be the default domain specified in the recipient policy. This would affect all emails sent, not just ones to a specific domain (ie to compa.com).

You could create contacts and have the messages forwarded, but that still wouldn't resolve the reply address issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back