Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Page Break VBA Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack58

Technical User
May 6, 2002
US
I am using the code listed below to automatically set my print ranges on my reports. The problem I am having is that if the document has no page breaks, the code works great, however if the report is Sub-Totaled and placing a page break in the document the code below will only print the first page.

Any example, I have a document that have information for Buyers 1 through 10. I want to have a separate page for each buyer, so I Subtotal by Buyer and Check “Page Break Between Groups”, again when I do the code will only print the first page, I need it to print the entire range of the document.

[vba]Sub SetPrintRanges(StartCell As String)

Dim i As Integer
'Dim StartCell As String
Dim CheckColumn As Integer

'StartCell = "A12"

For i = 1 To Sheets.Count
CheckColumn = 0
Sheets(i).Select
Range(StartCell).Select
Do Until CheckColumn = 4
If ActiveCell.Value = vbNullString Then
CheckColumn = CheckColumn + 1
Else
CheckColumn = 0
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select
Loop
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -5).Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = vbNullString
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop
Worksheets(i).PageSetup.PrintArea = StartCell & ":" & Chr(64 + ActiveCell.Column) _
& CStr(ActiveCell.Row - 1)
Range(StartCell).Select
Next i

[vba/]End Sub

Hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks

Jack

Hi,

You really don't need all that code. You already have you page breaks using the Subtotal Feature.
Code:
Worksheets(i).PageSetup.PrintArea = Range(StartCell).CurrentRegion
as long as the cells contiguous to StartCell define your print area.

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back