Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Namespaces/Best Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

objuan

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
US
I'm new to ASP.Net and I'm using some of the end-to-end samples to try to understand the framework. In looking at the IBuySpy Portal, most of the pages Import a Namespace called ASPNetPortal. This namespace seems to allow the use of Public Functions that are stored in component files, but I can't see any reference that would pull these in. There is a portal.dll that is installed when you load the application, but I haven't seen anything in the documentation that explains how this works. I'm assuming that Visual Studio.NET makes this easier, but for those of us using the Web Matrix for starters, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do the same thing (separate your functions from other code) without creating a dll? Any advice would be appreciated.

It is impossible to separate your functions without creating a dll. However, this is not a bad thing. The .NET Framework takes care of all the complications with dll's. Simply make sure that the dll is in the bin folder for you app. As far as creating them with a webmatrix project you may have to use the command line compiler. I don't know as I have never used web matrix

That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back