Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

custom movie importer in QT-Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

keteracel

Programmer
May 26, 2003
GB
Hello,

I've been browsing the QT-Java documentation for days now but it doesn't seem to have the information I need.

Basically I need to know how to make my own movie importer. I have my own file format that I need to be able to play. The documentation doesn't provide a 'checklist' of things that are needed to be able to import a 'new' type of media. Neither does it provide formats of data that a movie importer needs to convert to in order to allow quicktime to play it.

So I need a tutorial really that shows how to do this. A very simple example application would also be much appreciated that, say, takes in a text file with hexadecimal colors one per line and displays this as a frame with that color each second, e.g.

ffffff
0000ff

this would produce a movie that shows a black frame for 1 second, then a white and then a blue frame.

Thanks for any help you can provide as I'm completely lost at the moment,

keteracel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back