Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpryan

Technical User
Aug 24, 2005
US
Hi all,
Don't know if this is the correct place for this one.
Is it possible to disable custom menus. I don't want some of them accessed by staff.
What I have been doing is to remove them from the menu and giving some staff a different front end.
But it would be easier to hide or make them inoperatable. What is the best way to achieve this.

Many thanks,

KP

How are you removing custom menus? It should be very easy, simply unticking these items on Startup (Tools->Startup)will do it:

Allow Full Menus
Allow Default Shortcut Menus
Allow Built-in Toolbars

You can use a custom menu and / or toolbar. If these are set on startup, they will apply to all your forms etc.

These settings can also be changed via code.

Hi Remou
Many thanks for your reply.You gave a hint on how I should arrange my menus. I separated them so now I can select menus individually.

kp

Howdy kpryan . . .

To [blue]hide[/blue] a menubar or toolbar:
Code:
[blue]   CommandBars("[purple][B][I]Menu/Tool Bar Name[/I][/B][/purple]").Enabled = False[/blue]
[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Hi, I found this article which has been a little helpful but what I want to do is disable or enable particular commands on my custom menu and not have the entire menu disappear.

kpryan . . .

So ... is this thread closed! [surprise]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

This thread is not closed. I founfd it in the archives and decided to open it because my problem is similar but a little different. Instead of disable the entire "Customers" menu for instance, on my custom menu I want to disable or enable particular commands ( e.g. "New Customer") only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back