Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Menu Bar File->Print Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshs1100

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
US
I am making a custom menu bar in Access 97. When a user does File -> Print, I want it to open the print dialog box, just like the File -> Print on the standard menu bar, but it just immediately prints. Any way I can make it work the same as the standard menu bar?

Thanks

Got it to work. Copied the option from the standard menu.

I'm looking to do the same thing. I am using XP any ideas on how to copy the option from the standard menu?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I haven't used xp, but in 97 and 2000, I just went to View - Toolbars - Customize. Create a new Menu bar, then just drag and drop stuff from the default menu bar to the new one. Then I reset the default menu bar.

I tried to figure that out a while back, but finally gave up. I did the drag and drop from the menu, but I didn't realize I could reset the menu and get it back.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back