Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom made paper 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stedem

Technical User
Jun 17, 2009
BE
Hello,

I create a lot of documents in Indesign CS3 and have a small questions.

We have ordered letter paper (papers with our company logo printed in color and a header and footer text). This paper we will place in all our print devices.

When i write a letter in Indesign I have a layer "gfx" with that logo, header and footer mentioned but with layer effect "disable print". So when i design I see my logo but when I print it isn't printed.

Now when I export a document to PDF the "hidden" layer isn't exported (obviously).

Doesn't there exist a way to define a layer "visible to export, hidden to print" ?

...with "print layer" turned off, means no export, no print...

...with "print layer" turned on, means print and export...

...with "print layer" turned on, but with object set to "nonprinting" in the attributes palette means no print, no export...

...with "print layer" turned on, but with object set to "nonprinting" in the attributes palette means no print, however in the export PDF options you can override this by turning on "non-printing object" in the general options, at the bottom section called "include"...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back