Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Forms - Changing Lookup Field display size

Status
Not open for further replies.

serakine

Technical User
Jun 22, 2011
US
Hello. I'm fairly new to sharepoint and sharepoint designer 2007. My problem is probably the simplest you have had to deal with in a while, but I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me.

I'm creating a custom form in sharepoint designer 2007 for a list on my sharepoint site. One of the fields in the list is a lookup field based on another list on the site. The lookup field works fine. My problem is that on my form, the two list boxes that are used for the data are too narrow to see the items in the list. I would like to widen the list boxes if possible but I can't figure out how to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Select the field/box.
On the left side of SharePoint Designer, you should see Tag Properties.
Scroll down to Layout.
Update the Width to 200px.

Play with the 200px to obtain the desired size.

Thank you for replying, but I'm still having the issue. The Layout/width option you described isn't available for me under Tag Properties. Having read a little more, I may be able to describe the problem better.

I have a new aspx page. I inserted a new Data Source Control that is linked to my list. After that I inserted two fields from the list as Data Form Web Parts. The webparts work as they are supposed to, but the issue is with the two list boxes. I'd like to increase the wideth of the list boxes so I don't have to scroll over to see the entire values. That column in my list is formmated as a lookup field to pull the information from another list.

I've attached two pictures that I hope will help. Once is the form in SharePoint Designer and the other is from the SharePoint site. Hopefully they will help clarify my issues.

Thank you again for dealing with my ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back