Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom form question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorvad

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
US
I have been asked to extract data from a custom Exchange form into a DB(oracle), for reporting purposes. This is how the data is collected: A custom form has been created to track sales call info. When a salesrep needs to set up an appointment, he/she logs into Outlook, and navigates to the appropriate folder. Here there is a custom form that allows them to enter various info such as name, contact info, product line offering, etc. This information is held in the form.
I am using SQL Server to extract the data out of the form. Here is my problem. When I preview the data to be extracted, I only see the header info such as the salesrep name, customer name, a few date fields, and the subject line. What I do not see is the custom fields that is held in the form such as the product line, comments, etc. I have very little knowledge of Exchange, and how the data is stored. I have created a custom view in my Outlook based on the custom form which lists all of the columns that I am interested in, but when I preview the extract, I still only see what is in the form. Can someone help me with this, and provide me with some insight into Exchange so that I can troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance
BV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back