Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Fields randomly (?) cleared out 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2011
GB
Hi folks

I am having a problem whereby the contents of some custom fields on two of our projects are being wiped, seemingly at random.

We are in the midst of moving from MSP 2007 on Windows XP to MSP 2010 on Windows 7 and during that process one of our PMs was accidentally upgraded to MSP 2010 briefly and when they opened a plan it opened in MSP 2010 (they double clicked in the plans folder so MSP was automatically selected); they closed the file without saving it but since then we seem to have been having this problem were a small number of custom fields appear to be being cleared down when the file is open.

The field name is unchanged by this

We haven't been able to see a pattern to when this happens but it is always the same fields.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, either in transition to MSP 2010 or for some other reason (in case it is a coincidence that we are in transition)

Thanks for your time in advance

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

What service pack and CU are applied to Project 2010? I believe there were some early reports of this that may have been fixed by either SP-1 or a CU.

Julie

Thanks Julie

Apparently we have the latest version of MSP 2010 (Project 2010 14.0.6023.1000 SP1 MSO (14.0.6129.5000)) - but since we can't find out what version was inadvertently installed I am going to go with the opinion that it was an early version and hope that the problem goes away once we are fully migrated to MSP 2010.

once again thanks for your response

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back