Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

custom error page when tomcat is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

portagal

Programmer
Jul 28, 2004
CA
My application is running on tomcat 4.1; when tomcat is down I see the following message. Is there any way to create a custom page to be shown instead of this error message or at least to be able to provide a valid email address for server administrator:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, you@your.address and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Thanks,
Portagal

How do you expect Tomcat to serve up a custom error page when it is not running ?

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

I am assuming this is Apache's error message and not the browser's; and because of this email address: you@your.address I naturally thought I should be able to some how substitute it with a real email address.

You didn't say you were running Apache as a front end to Tomcat ... this question sounds more like a question for the Apache forum.
The message could also be generated by your browser I guess aswell.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back