Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Cursor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock6431

Programmer
Mar 23, 2002
US
I am building an ActX obj where the user can select a timeframe. I have the timeframe setup where it can be selected, and currently as the mouse moves across the timearea to select a time, the time is reflected in a textbox.

i.e. I move the mouse over 8A and it will reflect 8:00am in the textbox...

What I would like to do, is have the cursor change to another graphic other than an arrow, and have a small text box float right along with the arrow and display the time in the textbox/cursor as opposed to on the ActX obj itself....

Any suggestions welcome...

I notice that from 36 questions asked, you have only responded to 9 of the answers given. If the answers haven't helped you, then try and clarify the question in the same thread. It they have helped, then try reading faq222-2244 to see the usual methods of acknowledging help given to you.

Having said all that, to change the cursor over a textbox look up the MouseIcon and MousePointer properties.

For the floating box, try ToolTipText property

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back