Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom copyright help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jivins

Technical User
Dec 1, 2008
US
I have developed a logo that I would like to use as a copyright on my images and I would like to create an action so I don't manually have to place each copyright. I have had to do this thus far and nothing is uniform. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this. I have read many tutorials on how to implement a basic copyright with my name and the year but this is not exactly what I'm looking for. I would like mine to appear a little more sleek and professional than the basic one.

I have tried this many ways. I have set a default web size action in photoshop to make sure all of my images are of the same size and saved as the same file format, made sure my new copyright was on a transparent layer in a blank document and actual size to the image it will be transferred to, and created an action to bring it over but it places the copy in funny places. I have tried from many different formats to see if that was the problem, to no avail. I have also tried different sizes and nothing works there either.

I know there is a way to do this because I see it all the time but what does everyone else know that I don't?

Please, help me! I've been working on this night after night for over a week and cannot take it anymore! I thought I had decent knowledge of photoshop but I'm beginning to doubt myself

Thank you!

What you are referring to is watermarking. You want to watermark the images so they cannot be stolen.

Once you have figured out the method of creating a watermark that you want to use, you can use the Actions pallette to create an action (basically it records what you are doing and repeats it). Once you have recorded the action you can bind it to key or key sequence to do on the fly over any image you might be working on.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back