Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom component

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagenetics

Programmer
Dec 8, 2003
PL
A couple of days ago I've downloaded a component which was provided with source code. I added few more properties. Everything works and now the component suits my needs even better. The component is originally designed for Delphi, but, with or without my modifications, it works fine in Builder. There are problems, however. It is the first time I dig in component's source - please keep that in mind before you'll think that I'm asking stupid questions.

1. When an application with this component is compiled, the glyph which represents the component on Builder's design palette, is included in application's resources. I don't want it to happen. I've analyzed the source code of other similar coponents but I can't find significant differences.

2. Originally the downloaded component didn't have the Align property. I wish to add it as I did with other additional properties, I have no idea how. Again, I've analyzed the code of other components, but properties Color, Cursor, Align, etc. - aren't even mentioned. Except the properties and procedures, everything is identical.

I'd be grateful if you'd help me to solve these problems, especially the Align matter. As for the glyph, the only thing that worked was to remove component's resources (.res file) and have the component glyph-free in the IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back