Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom CMS reports / Saving as HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezel

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
US
I am trying to put together a report that could be saved as HTML that pulls from mutiple tables - dvdn,dsplit. Everytime I try to do a save as HTML the table records are not matching up by dates. Has anyone tried this before and if so has anyone had any sucess?

Not sure about what your trying to save in HTML. I'm only on v6. But one thing i did once was have the wrong year, so when trying to save i couldn't.

Just a thought....

lever.

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear on this. With Lucent Supervisor (V6.0) You have the option of saving as HTML. But when you create a custom report using two or more DB tables the records do not line up. the report will save the report with the records of one table displaying under the other instead of along side like this.

dsplit record dvdn record

It displays like this

dsplit record
dvdn record

I am tyring to see if anyone has tried to do this in the past and has found a solution to this problem.

Thanks for the help.

This will depend on how you created your supervisor Report-Designer report. If you have a Designer report with only one table (containing results of only one query) in it, you should get what you want. If you have a designer report which actually holds two tables (containing results of two queries), in html these will probably be treated independently and your trouble of getting them lined-out will be lost.

suppose you have two queries (highly simplified):

select row_date, incalls from dvdn ;
select row_date, callsoffered from dsplit ;

and you create two tables, these will probably both contain data on each day, and thus each data-row appears in both tables......independently. In exporting to html, the exact screen lay-out is partly lost, and the fact that you had these tables next to each other is not exported to html. In a web-page, if it does not fit sidewise, it will fit lengthwise so there is a large liberty in changing page-layout when exporting to html.

If you have one query:

select dvdn.row_date, dvdn.incalls, dsplit.callsoffered
from dvdn, dsplit
where dvdn.row_date = dsplit.row_date ;

then you will have one table with data from both dvdn and dsplit. That should export perfectly to html.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back