Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom CMS Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen216

MIS
Jul 13, 2006
US
Hi All,

I currently have a designer CMS report for multiple skills daily report. (I did not make it, someone in corporate land did)
The local call center manager would like me to change it, and corp is putting me off since they have a huge project and deadline to meet.

Basically when we put in the multiple days and skills, it puts each skill and day on a separate line. The manager wants one line for each skill with the totals for all the days in the range combined.
I have included a screen shot of what it looks like now, with each day on its own line.

Is there an easy fix to combine the days?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=166908aa-51a9-4caf-83c1-ae58e55be084&file=cms.jpg

Hopefully you have this sorted out already, but figure I'll respond this late in the game just in case.

I can only generally answer this question as in my new role I don't have access to the CMS anymore. (Which really stinks, I enjoyed making custom reports in CMS ***oops, my geek is showing***)

I think what you need to do here is remove the ROWDATE from the table and you'll need to sum the Calls offered, ACD calls, ABN Calls, total Calls w/in Scv Lvl. I think the others that are averages and percents won't need an adjustment to their calcuation. Then you need to GROUP BY the Split/Skill in the WHERE clause.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” ? Confucius

Thanks Stinney, I will go in and take a look. I submitted for our Corp peeps to make one for us, but they havenet even responded to the ticket yet, never mind actually start working on it. I can do all sorts of things in vector programming but not good with CMS at all. I will report back after I poke around a bit.

Thanks

If you want to understand how queries work to help make custom reports, take the SQL tutorial here:
It's how I got my start a long time ago and it really helped. Unfortunately, the CMS GUI really can restrict you're abilities to use the full SQL features. Installing ODBC and running queries in something like TOAD you can get really creative.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” ? Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back