Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUSTOM ADMIN CONSOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrussier2675

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2002
FR
Hi,

I've upgrade my citrix farm to FR2 (XPe).

I've customed an administrator session.

It works when I open the CMC when I use the server Citrix Desktop (by ICA or TSE), but it don't works (mess "unable to logon to farm") when I use a CMC installed on a client PC.

Did someone have this problem?

Could someone help me?

Thanks.

LR.

Check that you are logged on to the workstation as a user with sufficient rights ie as local administrator to the citrix server or as a delegated administrator via the CMC.

Cheers

BeerGood,

I check all the rights, and all seems to be OK.

If I open a session locally on the Citrix server with this admin logon, I can open the CMC, and see the restrictions.

But it does not work with a CMC installed on a computer.

If I let full access to console, I can open the CMC.
If I custom the CMC for this admin or put it en "view only", I can't logon.

The fact it works remotely if you remove all restrictions seems to indicate it's an authentication issue. Just double check that both your workstation and server are in the same NT domain, and that the user ID that you're logged on as on the remote workstation is definitely listed in the CMC as a delegated administrator. Personally I tend to "cheat" and publish the CMC as an app - saves installing the software on the workstation.....

Cheers

Did you add Local Administrators to the MetaFrame XP Administrators in the CMC?

Hope this helps

CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back