Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom 11x17 Paper Size - Crystal XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolCook

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
US
Have poked around the various postings on this subject but haven't found the solution yet. I am designing a report for a client and have loaded the identical printer driver (HP5500) which does not have a paper size setting of 11x17 or a Custom paper size option for that matter. On their end, they simply select by Tray. I have designed using A3 but that doesn't work.

Is there still a paper size object somewhere in Crystal? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Carol

Hi:
The custom form is already set up in Windows; I just cannot see it in Crystal in the printing preferences. What am I missing?
Thanks!

Is this printer ( the one with custom paper size) set as default printer ?

Report automation for Crystal reports and SSRS

It isn't the default but it is the printer I have selected when I go to print the design.

Try to set the printer as default and then check if you can see the custom paper size.

Yes, I did try that but was still not successful in seeing the custom form. Custom forms are tied to the O/S as opposed to a specific printer so I am even more puzzled.

@CarolCook, when you create custom form you should select the printer and then create the custom form using server properties. What is your OS ?

Yes, I did follow that procedure. Windows 7 64-bit.
Thanks!

@CarolCook, looks like some printers will ignore the new custom form. I tried changing the default printer to one of HP LaserJets and as you said the custom form was not in the list.

It works for me with Adobe PDF printer (installed with Adobe Acrobat) and with PDFCreator (you can download it from here :
Both printers are virtual and will print to a PDF file instead of paper. May be that is why it is working.

The other thing I notoiced is that you may need to open/close Page Setup dialog few times in order to see the form.

If you have PDFCreator - set it as a default printer, then in crystal reports open page setup dialog and check if your custom form is available in "Size" combo box. If it is not available check "No priner" option and click button "OK". Open page setup dialog again and check if custom form is available.
This worked for me.

The other option is to download and install driver for HP PLOTTER since it supports paper size like that.

The XPS Document Writer worked perfectly. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back