Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cursorsetprop("Buffering",5,myCursor) fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koen Piller

Programmer
Jun 30, 2005
NL
Hi

I create a cursor and on the next line:
Code:
Set Multilocks On
Select curDeclaraties
INDEX on id TAG curPUK
llBuffset = CURSORSETPROP("Buffering",5,'curDeclaraties')

Although llBuffset returns .T. I find that Buffering is not set to 5, but to 3

The help indicates
VFP Help said:
Buffering is not applied to tables that are opened implicitly

How can I set it to 5?

Regards,

Koen

VFP Help said:
Buffering is not applied to tables that are opened implicitly, for example, using SQL INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE commands.
That's talking of opening tables automatically by SQL commands, which need it open in a workarea. I don't think that's the reason in your case.

Is curDeclaraties a filter cursor? What does DBF('curDeclaraties') tell you? Is it the DBF file of declarities or a TMP file?
Or is curDeclaraties a cursor from using a view (use someview alias curDeclaraties)?

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke Software Engineering

Hi,

It seems I was checking for work with value of Buffering on the wrong cursor, never realized, that besides my 'motor-cursor' to work with the different form.txt- and editboxes there also exsisted a cursor for one of the comboboxes in my dataenvironment. Have now quickly corrected and it seems to work. Sorry if I bothered you with this question.

Regards and Happy Weekend
Koen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back