Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cursor disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybarty

Technical User
May 3, 2002
CA
Lately I have noticed in Notes I will be typing a memo and be a few words into it and my cursor will disappear and the text stops being input. I have to click back in the window to get the cursor back and continue typing. I don't think it's a timeout setting or anything like that. Any ideas?
Thanks

This doesn't sound like a Notes issue. Does this happen on other workstations as well, or just the one? If the latter, reinstall the Notes Client.

I have noticed this happening lately. I am using Note 5.0.11. I have been using Notes for 3 years and have never noticed it before. it happens on both WinNT and Win2K machines. Not an OS fault as I have tried reinstalling both the OS and client. Maybe a bug in Notes?

Lamaar75@hotmail.com

I've noticed a similar problem plus the backspace and cursor keys stop working. I think I've found that the problem is related to having a web page opened in the Notes client at the same time. I use the setting Notes with Internet Explorer in the Browser tab of my location document and I do all my browsing from Notes. If I have a web page open and I'm typing a new memo all activity stops in the memo if the web page refreshes. Closing the web page seems to get all my keys working again.

Weird!!

Same in R6!
I have been using R6 for about 5 months now.
Since last month I can no longer see the actual cursor position when I am writing a new memo. The cursor stays where it is, and I have no clue where I will be typing. I have to move it with the mouse to be sure where I am going.

Nothing has changed to my configuration. It just started on one day. It is extremely annoying and I will start working on this problem next week. When I have the solution I will let you know.

Maybe a Microsoft "active update" to the OS triggered this?

Regards
Dominik Malfait

SOLVED!
Altought the problem was bothering me already a month I never took the time to look into it. Today this forum entry encouraged me to take a look at the problem.
And behold: it took only 1 minute to solve!

I did the following:

My system supports Right-to-left languages also, but I do not need these. So, I deselected the support for that in the preferences of my R6 client.

If you are using R5 I suggest you look in the directions of multi language support. The problem originates there I think.

Kind regards,

Dominik Malfait
dominik@amazingit.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back