Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

currently no logon servers available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

as896

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
GB
I have been having problems for making trust relationships between two separate DC, one in london, other Birmingham. We are using vpn, the link is fine, I can ping by name/ip both ends. Whenever I try to add domain into trust is says "Domain can not be contacted" or sometime "there are no logon servers available". Can someone think what problem is, what is sollution to that.

As I said RCP is running, machines can ping each other, the VPN link is fine.

Can you help. Thanks in advance.

NO the firewall is not blocked at all. all the link and ports are accepting incoming connections.

Although MS indicates that NetBIOS is required to create trusts, I have found that DNS also plays a role. I had to establish trusts between two separate forests and was unable to. Adding a root hint to the other forest's DNS server on each of the DNS servers on both sides solved my problem. Hope this helps.

Sorry, Could give more explantion of you added a root hint to the other forest's DNS server on each of the DNS servers on both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back