Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CurrentDateTime / PrintTime etc in CE10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixtoesofdean

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Has anyone ever had issues viewing successfully scheduled report instances that use Crystal's date time functions? (especially when using shared variables in sub-reports)

I seem encounter issues viewing subsequent pages of a report instance, often getting the message "Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File <file name> [On Cache/Page Server...."

The only semi-sensible reason I can see for this is using Crystal's own date time functions. On a possibly related issue I have also seen the values of fields that use date time functions change for a completed instance of a report (i.e. use CurrentDateTime or PrintDate to stamp the report instance); the value changes whenever I view the instance.

My CE environment is patched up to last week. This includes a patch that BO claim fixes the issue. The problem seems to be environment specific since the same report published elsewhere may not suffer the same problems. Incidentally I'm running XP SP2 though the problem was around long before that.

Sorry for the long post - just wondered if anyone else had the same and conclusively knew the reason why.

Currentdate will change as it is the current date.

Try using datadate or printdate depending upon your needs.

I'm unaware of any errors caused by using Crystal's dates.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back