Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Current time as part of criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lespaul

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
US
I have the following trigger:

Code:
CREATE TRIGGER CMLIB.CHKIN_INSERT_UPDATE_CHKINHEARINGS 
AFTER INSERT ON CMLIB.CMPCHKINS 
REFERENCING NEW N 
FOR EACH ROW  
MODE DB2ROW  
BEGIN 
  IF n.STATUS = 'C' THEN
     UPDATE CMLIB.CMPCKINHEARINGS SET CHKINTIME = n.CHKINTIME WHERE OFFNUM = n.OFFNUM AND MAGENC = n.MAGENC AND CRTROM = (n.Courtrooms);
  ElseIF n.STATUS = 'M' THEN
    UPDATE CMLIB.CMPCKINHEARINGS SET MSGDATE = n.MSGDATE, MSGTIME = n.MSGTIME, MSGSOURCE = n.MSGSOURCE, MESSAGE = n.MESSAGE WHERE OFFNUM = n.OFFNUM AND MAGENC = n.MAGENC;
END IF;
END;

(for those of you familar with Thread178-1346593, I ended up modifing the originating program so there's a single record for each courtroom entry and the trigger fires for each courtroom).

My subsequent issue has now turned into this. If the officer is checking in during morning hours, I only want to update records with the trigger above that meet the criteria WHERE HERTIM < 1200 and inversely, if it's in the afternoon, I want to update records WHERE HERTIM >= 1200

Is there a way I can determine in the trigger if it's AM or PM, maybe assign that to a variable to determine what the final WHERE clause should be?

Thanks!

Leslie

Leslie

Anything worth doing is a lot more difficult than it's worth - Unknown Induhvidual

Essential reading for database developers:
The Fundamentals of Relational Database Design
Understanding SQL Joins

Here's what I finally ended up with and it works perfectly, hopefully it will come in handy for someone else:
Code:
CREATE TRIGGER LANDREWS.CHKIN_INSERT_UPDATE_CHKINHEARINGS 
AFTER INSERT ON LANDREWS.CMPCHKINS 
REFERENCING NEW N 
FOR EACH ROW  MODE DB2ROW  
BEGIN

IF n.STATUS = 'C' THEN
     if Time(Now()) < Time('12:00 pm') then
      UPDATE CMLIB.CMPCKINHEARINGS SET CHKINTIME = n.CHKINTIME WHERE OFFNUM = n.OFFNUM AND MAGENC = n.MAGENC AND CRTROM = (n.Courtrooms) AND HERTIM < 1200;
     else
       UPDATE CMLIB.CMPCKINHEARINGS SET CHKINTIME = n.CHKINTIME WHERE OFFNUM = n.OFFNUM AND MAGENC = n.MAGENC AND CRTROM = (n.Courtrooms) AND HERTIM >= 1200;
     end if;
   ElseIF n.STATUS = 'M' THEN
      UPDATE CMLIB.CMPCKINHEARINGS SET MSGDATE = n.MSGDATE, MSGTIME = n.MSGTIME, MSGSOURCE = n.MSGSOURCE, MESSAGE = n.MESSAGE WHERE OFFNUM = n.OFFNUM AND MAGENC = n.MAGENC;
   END IF;

END;

Leslie

Anything worth doing is a lot more difficult than it's worth - Unknown Induhvidual

Essential reading for database developers:
The Fundamentals of Relational Database Design
Understanding SQL Joins

alternative is the MIDNIGHT_SECONDS function. I somehow feel that those REALLY vendor-specific functions deserve to be used :)

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back