Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Current Month and Previous Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklord2

MIS
Sep 25, 2019
US
Hello,
I have an excel document that my team plans to make into a dossier.
Now the excel has Current Month|Previous Month tabs for the information. I was able to make a cube and then make a dossier that shows the current month info, but trying a lag function to show previous month doesnt work. Another idea I had was to create duplicate metric with custom expression for previous month, but not sure how to do that.
What other ways can I achieve this that when current month is selected previous month is also show?
My filter is in yyyy-mm format, its datatype is text. Would it make sense to use individual attributes for years and month? We have that in out database, that could help in achieving this I guess?
I have attached excel document picture to give better idea.

Thanks

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=45618b36-f322-4ce7-8f4c-d6089965cea1&file=Doubt.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back