Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Current CCNP Exams have been retired... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbert2

Technical User
May 27, 2002
US
Well, it's official, Cisco has retired all of the
640-503 to 506 and the 640-900 in favor of the
640-603 to 606 and the 640-901 (this is off of their
website). Anyone who registered for the 640-50x series
for CCNP has until July 17 to take their exams. June 5th
was the last day the old exams could be registered for.

Guess the material is gonna get tougher :)

-Bill

Does anyone know if they upped the pass/fail rate like they did on the CCNA???

I don't know if they have done that, but i'm sure it's
under consideration. The CCNP Routing 2.0 Exam cut
score is 691. I think what cisco does is look at all
the people who have taken said exam(s), and looks at
the minimum and maximum score, and then they pick a
number. I would think a value between 750-800 would
be a reasonable passing score for the CCNP Routing
Exam (but that's me).

Oh, you can STILL register for the 640-509 exam (CCNP Foundations) as it's still on the current list (don't
know when it will be retired. The number of questions
is between 145-155, with a time limit of 135 minutes.

In order to pass the 640-509, you must pass all three
sections of the exam (a passing score in 2 and failing
in one section won't do).

-Bill

thanks for the info...

although, I have switching, routing, and remote access complete. I just need to take troubleshooting.

Unfortunately, I only have until June 13 to pass the troubleshooting test before I lose my CCNA cert. I really don't feel like taking that test again. AND the bad part is that Prometric hasn't posted the new tests on their site yet. So I can't take any tests yet(other than the one I am scheduled for already)

Guess we were both caught in between exams. :( I already took the 503-505 and only need the CIT to get the CCNP. Since its already retired, can I take the 606 instead or do I have to take the whole lot?

You can take the new one and keep the results from the tests you have already taken.

MikeS
Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

New Exam cutoff scores for CCNP are as follows:

Routing - old score 690 new score 700
R. Access - is 706 (no change)
Switching - old score 699 new score 776
Support - old score 690 new score 755

Looks like the exams where simulations were NOT added
were beefed up score wise (interesting)

And I'm told that the new switching exam has questions about new switches like the 3550 which current books do not even mention. Ouch! Also, things like RMON are covered in alot more detail.

MikeS
Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

Are the questions of Foundation 640-509 taken from 640-50x questions pool or taken from the new 640-60x series ?

If it's 640-509, I would imagine the question pool would be from 640-503, 504,
and 505 based exams (but that may NOT be true). However, if you haven't
registered for the 640-50x exams by June 5th, and taken them by July 17th,
the 640-603, 604, 605, and 606 (or 640-609/606) will be your only option.

I am using Cisco CCNP study guide for the old 640-5xx exam. Will this prepare me for the new 640-6xx?

The required information has not changed. The question pool has and then there are the occasionaly SIM question.

MikeS
Find me at
Sun Tzu

Does anyone know when they are re-releasing the Sybex study guides by Todd Lammle?

Hi,

has somebody passed the new BSCI 640-901?
If yes please give me some hints!
I will make the exam next monday!

br
Hauni

hi firends .I am confuse in 640-603 exam and 640-901 exam their Exam no are different but there Name is same (BSCI
Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks )

is Both exam are same ot diffrent exam
Will any one help me becose I am going to take my Exam for 640-603

thanx

The 640-901 and 640-603 are essentially the same exam
with one important difference: IS-IS

IS-IS has been added to the exam (routing protocol), so
I suggest one knows it well before sitting for the
640-901.

So nobody knows what the passing score is for the new CCNP:BSCI 640-901 Exam? I mean for the Routing exam it was 690 I believe... meaning you needed less than 60% to pass the test... Since you're given 300pts. to start with, it's 390/700=55.7% Big difference from the new CCNA;640-607 exam passing score of 849/1000...~78%

So if anyone who has taken the exam can let me know what passing score MAY be... it would be nice! Or even just...percentage-wise what you think you should be getting to pass the exam...taking into account the free 300pts.

J.Singh, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back