Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Currency fields and round off

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJKoeze

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
NL
I have just created a new access databse. In this two currency fields exist. The problem is however that Access rounds off the input.

I have tried the folowing to solve this
Entering the same in Excel. - No problem. The price is displayed correctly. This tells me that the problem is not in my regional settings (IMHO)
I've set the number of decimals to two. Now when I enter for example 2.4 it displays 2.00

Please help me out with this.

Erik Jan

Are you sure that the datatype of the two fields is set to Currency in the table definition (the property to the right of the field name). You may inadvertently be setting just the Format property of the field to Currency on some form of integer/Long Integer/Byte Numeric field.

When you look at the raw table data, has the data already truncated, or does the problem only manifest in a form?

Let us know if this helps,

Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

|-I I must heva been sleeping. I set the field to numerical and changed the format to currency.

It works now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back