Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cURL & postbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcalibre

Programmer
Oct 27, 2005
CA
I have an ASP.NET page with a Calendar Control on it that I am pulling and displaying on a PHP page using cURL.

The problem is that anytime I click on any of the links on the Calendar control, I get a 404 Error. The problem seems to be that each link has a javascript doPostBack command. It looks for the aspx page on my php domain.

I've found very limited information on cURL and postbacks. Does anyone know how to set up cURL with postback support or know of a better way to accomplish what I am trying?

Thanks.
Really appreciate the help.

Andrew

I don't know a whole lot about cURL, but If it's a consistent error in the string, you could always do a string replace (strstr()), or some variation of that function, on each link on your PHP page.

I might be able to give more helpful advice if you wanted to post a URL or two.

Best of luck!

Thanks ingernet,
I suppose I could replace all the doPostback() calls with something more suitable like a call back of the php page with some arguments. I had thought of this before but was afraid it was going to get too complicated.

To further explain the problem:
Say I have Calendar.aspx on (just drop a calendar control on it) and I call it from index.php on using cURL. When I click on any of the links in the Calendar rendered on the php page I get the 404 error. Basically that it couldn't find That being said, why is the doPostback looking for Calendar.aspx? I wonder if there's something in the java code created by the calendar object. I'll double check that as soon as I get back to my dev machine.

The other option I am looking at is creating a webservice and instantiating the calendar control, then "render" the html and send it via SOAP. So far the proof of concept looks good.

Any other help/feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

Xcalibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back