Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Curious about an ftp web frontend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalapeno

MIS
Nov 12, 2001
US
Hello all,

I'm curious if anyone has seen a web frontend for ftp. Would be nice if I can plug in a certificate for encrypted access and would access a local ftp server. I would like to run something like this, open port 80 and close port 21 on the firewall.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks!

hrmmm, that looks similar to what I was thinking but I don't think it is exactly what we need. I don't want anyone to be able to browse anything in the system without first authenticating. Basically, when someone goes to the website, they get a login prompt and that's it. I also failed to mention that it must use PAM and authenticate against a NT domain.

Thanks for the quick response though, I didn't expect something that fast!

Well, I really just need a frontend for FTP, not samba. Thanks though.

This should be it :)
I knew I have seen it before (after a little digging in my memorybanks :) I found it).

Haven't used it because I just needed a script which could access my files easely (No FTP, because the files were stored locally)

--

Maurits

~ There is no place like 127.0.0.1 ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back