Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUPC - Multi-cluster/Multi-domain directory search

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrew

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
I have 3 businesses (3 seperate clusters) that want to integrate their UC enironments. Is it possible to setup Presence (CUPC) so a user can type a name into the Presence client (CUPC) and search all clusters for the person?

yes you can. The feature is called interdomain federation.

Do you know of any documentation that discusses the name searching functionality in an interdomain federation. I can find diagrams of the IF but I cannot find anything aboug the feature sets.

Thank you for your reply!

I am not sure I understand your question but I am not aware of a doc that has detailed shots of how it looks to the enduser. From an end user perspective a search is a search. You look up the user you are searching regardless of what domain they belong.
You will need to read the SRND, the deployment and integration guides that has pretty extensive info on the how to's. It is not a trivial thing to accomplish as it will require ASA's on all ends to do it and specific configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back