Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUPC Client Doesn't See Incoming Calls In a Hunt Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelInMyBlood

Technical User
Apr 14, 2005
US
CUPS/CUPC 8.5
CUCM 8.5

I have a small group of 7975s in a hunt group with an 8-member line group. The users are utilizing CUPC to place outbound calls using their Outlook Contact list. It's a huge list, some 450 contacts and most of them see frequent use. All that works fine.

Unfortunately the CUPC client only sees incoming calls to the individual discreet members of the line group and does not see the incoming call traffic that is coming in via the Hunt Group.

The phones ring and can be answered in either incoming call scenario, but the client is complaining about the inconsistency in not being able to use CUPC with the hunt group traffic. Specifically what they're wanting to do is answer the incoming call (from the hunt group) and then use CUPC to occasionally transfer a caller by using their CUPC click-to-dial function.

Since CUPC doesn't see the hunt group traffic it never goes into an active conversation state, ergo CUPC can place an additional outgoing call but without first being in an active conversation state with the original call CUPC cannot conference the two calls together (because he doesn't know about the original incoming call)

What are my options?
Thanks in advance

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Have you tried adding a client services framework device for each of these users? It configures like a phone and it is controlled by CUPC entirely. It does however run on the pc (not an IP communicator) but it is the softphone for CUPC.
I am not sure if that will show the huntgroup call, but since it is just like a phone it should, and it is tightly integrated with CUPC. Try and see if that works for you.
You will need to provide the users with headsets connected to the pc since it eliminates the use of the phone. They will use the pc for all their calls at that point.
I believe that's your best bet.

Thanks, but I'm way ahead of you. The clients all have CSF softphones, but they must be able to use the hard phones to handle calls. It's a master control room (major energy company). Seems they're able to do anything they want to with the CUPC application except Transfer/Conference calls that came to them (their hard phones) via the hunt pilot. CUPC can even answer the call, he just can't trasfer/conference. Any transfer/conference function seems it has to be performed from the softkeys and dial pad on the hard phone.

I'll mock it up on my own CSF softphone to see if it works that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back