Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cumulative upto DATA, how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrugone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2002
Dear friends,

I'm new to Analysis Services (sql server 2000), I've build some simple cubes, but now I need to get reports with cumulative upto data, that's for example if I've monthly sales (jan=100, feb=150, march=200,..) and I need to add a calculated field with cumulative data for each month(jan=100, feb=100+250, march=100+150+200,...), how can I do that? could you give an example?
If I need to do the same using a date dimension, so I can get cumulative data for day, month, quearter..., is that possible?

Thanks
Alfredo

You need to look at YTD function I believe. But I haven't done it for a little while so that is as much help as I can bung your way at the moment I'm afraid.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

You can use the periodtodate function in MDX. Then, whichever level you are at in your time dimension (year, month, week etc) it will calculate the cumulative total for the period in question.

'The world isn't round - it's bent!' Spike Milligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back