Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUMALATIVE FUNCTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonjuice

Programmer
Jun 12, 2003
ZA
I have a report on which i display a customer number, the owed amounts(in other words, what the person still owes me) and the payed amount(a negative value). I also have a field for the balance of the customer(owed - payed). This field has to be cumalative. My problem is not getting the cumalative value, but if there is more than one customer on the report, the cumalative field calculates all the customers' totals instead of each customer seperately. HOW CAN I USE THE CUMALATIVE FUNCTION TO CALCULATE EACH CUSTOMERS TOTAL SEPERATELY?

If this is not posible, is it posible to use the cumalative function in sql or code?

Hope someone has an answer!!!!!

Thanx
~Lemon~

Add a Group Band to your Report & Group it By The Customer Number Field.

Thanx for your reply. The problem is that i have grouped it by customer number and still it calculates the cumalative total of both customers instead of seperately.

lemonjuice,

Move your summary calculation into the group footer; that should give you the summaries you're looking for.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back