Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM6.1 Won't Import TAR-file from DMA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrorMagnet

Technical User
Mar 21, 2006
NO
When attempting to import a TAR-file from DMA6.1(5) into the new CUCM6.1(5) First Node, the BAT/Import stops with the following message:

"Unmapped Exception bad header in block 60640 record 10, header magic is not \'ustar\' or unix-style zeros, it is \'10511010165112112101\'..."

This surprise me, as DMA Export from CUCM4.2(3) performed absolutely perfect, with neither errors nor warnings.

What could be wrong, and what can I check?

You are more than likely running into a DMA bug. Your only option is to open a TAC case and have them tell you what that sector is that is failing, delete it from the 4.3 database, rerun DMA and them import it to the linux version.

Thanks for responding!

I've already involved TAC, but as this is considered a low priority case, that might take a while.

However, I think I found the full explanation on Cisco Support Community:

javalenc answers the following, to an almost identical question:

"BAT has NOTHING to do with DMA. When you install the CUCM you get to choose a fresh install or an upgrade, if you choose upgrade it will prompt you for the TAR file. DMA tar file can ONLY be used at this point during install. NOT after CUCM has already been installed."

Not the answer I really wanted, but sure is written very loud and clear.

Ah, I see. you got the server installed already and then tried to import the dma file?
If that's the case it will not work.
You need to reinstall and when it asks you if you are upgrading from a windows version using DMA and want to import it say yes.
Then point the server to where the DMA is located at (have to have a SFTP server running on that pc or server).

Nice work Whykap!

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back