Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM: Time of Day Calling Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthrob

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2015
US
Hi,

Let me preface by saying that by no means am I proficient in CUCM and I completely understand my limitations. But I feel like I've read enough to understand how to configure Time of Day. I have successfully done so with internal extension, yet when I add an outside line, translation pattern, and partitions I seem to screw it up.

Scenario: I have line 360-555-1212 that needs to be configured so that when someone dials it, depending on the time of day the call is routed to either the receptionist or transferred externally to 503-555-1212.

Execution: I created a couple of Time Periods which I hope are self-explanatory:

MEX Lunch Weekdays M 1200 - F 1300
MEX Weekdays M 0000 - F 0800
MEX Weekdays M 1700 - F 2400
MEX Weekend Sat 0000 - Sun 2400
WCM AM Weekdays M 0800 - F 1200
WCM PM Weekdays M 1300 - F 1700

Next I created two Time Schedules:

WCM-MEX: All time periods that start with MEX are assigned to this schedule
WCM-Operator: All time periods that start with WCM are assigned to this schedule

I continued by creating two Partitions and assigned the corresponding Time Schedule:

WCM-MEX
WCM-Operator

Lastly, I created Translation Pattern 1212 pointed to extension 329 with a partition WCM-MEX and another one with the partition WCM-Operator. Unfortunately, both translation patterns fail to work and user receives a "we're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed." However, I assign our most common partition labeled, All_IP_Phones, the calls ring through without a problem.

Am I missing something here?

All and any help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

What does the Dialled Number Analyzer return when you simulate calling from an external number to the number?

Does the Translation Pattern have a CSS which can access the partitions you created?

I've never worked with DNA, so I don't have any feedback on that.

The translation pattern does have a CSS that can access the new partitions.

I created a ticket with Cisco, hopefully they can shed some light on the matter.

Thanks for your advice.

Rob

You are correct. The Gateway CSS didn't have the newly created partitions.

Thanks again for your help.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back