Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM on VMware on a non branded PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Librado

Technical User
Jan 17, 2009
CA
Hello:

I need to start putting up a lab for the CCNP Voice. Is there anyone out here who could advice me/send a thread on how to do this? I have a Core i5, 2 GB of RAM, 1 TB HDD. Is this enough? If I could have the steps/procedure in doing this would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

What version of UCM do you plan on installing? I believe 8.5 and up requires 4GB. Otherwise you should be fine. Once you create the VM disk, you will need the installer disc or image of UCM to install it. Install isnt any different on VM than it is on a physical box (at least from what I remember).

Thank you gnrslash4life. yes, will be 8.5 or 9 if available. I will be starting from scratch and still looking for procedure to do this...what is the free downloadable version of VMware that will work on this? any idea ?

" Any new inconceivable technology is Magic

Hi,
You can use VMWare workstation. If you get the Cisco Press CCNA Voice Lab workbook it has instruction for visualizing the UCM installation. Let me know if you need a link to it and I can dig it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back