Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM Hunt Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromill

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
US
CUCM System version: 10.5.2.10000-5
I have a hunt group that some of the line group members personal line appear on other phones. When that line member logs out of the hunt group on their phone it still rings on their line on the other phones. Is there a setting to stop the ringing on the other phones when this member logs out on their own phone? (I hope this makes sense). Or is my only fix to add a second line to their phone and then put that in the line group instead of their main line?

Thanks.

Hey fromill,
I am new to setting up hunting so if there are other options very interested.
Currently having a tough time converting boss/secretary Avaya way to Cisco way of using phones.
like hold buttons, blf,, etc... when on a line, the primary dn does not show busy...
Testing the LOGIN buttons soon, to ring when primary answer point is out sick or vacation. Hope to hear more flexible options for covering calls.
Duane

Hi Fromill
Are those other users also members of the same Hunt Group?
Also is that member part of any other hunt group?
When you take a member out of a HG, you shouldnt be seeing calls hit the member.

FF

If you have shared line appearances the line will ring on every phone its programmed on. The hunt group is irrelevant in this case.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1

gnrslash4life, you are right but it appears if they log out of the hunt group on the line on the one phone it still rings on that line appearance on the other phones. I guess its just something we will have to deal with. Thanks.

Correct. That is why I said the hunt group is irrelevant. Its because you are using shared lines.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS
CIPTV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor