Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM Dial Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedude2

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2009
US
We are in the process of moving from a legacy TDM PBX to a CUCM cluster. We are investigating whether we should change the method that user dial other sites. Presently, all sites have stand-a-lone PBX connected by PRI. Users dial 9 (local & Long distance) and 8+7digits to dial between sites (10) and have overlapping DID and management would like to configure a common dial plan that would allow 5 digit(8 + XXXX) dialing between sites. Could this be accomplished using translation patterns and transformation masks, or would be need to implement Site/Access Codes.

Example:
HQ 443-123-1XXX, 410-456-2XXX, 410-789-1XXX
BO#1 212-552-1XXX
B0#2 201-997-2XXXX
B0#3 919-770-2XXX

I don't know specifics on your needs and full dial plan but I would make all DN's 5 digits to match the DID if possible. Then you would not have overlaps.
eg:
HQ 31XXX, 62XXX, 91XXX (change last one to say 61XXX using translation patterns for the DID)
BO#1 21XXX
B0#2 72XXX
B0#3 02XXX (change this to 52XXX using TP for the incoming DID, you don't what DNs to start with 0)

Then no matter what all sites are 5 digit dialing internal. Some users DIDs will not match their
DN's but you don't want internal numbers starting with 9 (see 911 conflicts) or 0 (operator conflicts)

I also highly suggest that this is a good time to change your outside access code from 9 to 8. It will save you headaches in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back