Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM and LDAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteeler

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello,

I have one CUCM 7.1 that is intergraded with LDAP. I’d like to disable this on CM and Unity. Is there more to this than just un-checking the box in the LDAP System Config? Do I have to restart anything? Thanks

First disable LDAP Authentication if not already done. Just uncheck the box and click save. Next under LDAP Directory, delete all the schedules configured. Finally you can disable the LDAP sync. You can also disable the Cisco DirSync service on the Publisher too. Then after a day or so, the system will note all End User accounts as inactive and another day later, it should auto purge them. All you'll have left are application users unless you add End Users after disabling LDAP.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to turn off LDAP and not lose all the end users?

Not with that version of CUCM. In later ones (I think starting with version 9) they let you have a mixed environment of both LDAP users and local users (including the ability to switch a LDAP to local user). Your only option is to use BAT to export all the users and then BAT again to import them back in after LDAP has been turned off and the old user accounts purged. It would probably be a good idea to perform a backup before the change so you can roll the system back should there be any issues.

Thanks for the info, this helps my decision. We plan to move this site to another cluster so I'll probably hold off on making any changes. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back